8.21.2008

Hello!

This first post won't have too much analysis in it, but that's ok. This blog was created for a couple reasons but mainly to keep myself and whoever may read this entertained. As for my poker credentials, well honestly I don't really have any but once again..that's ok. I have been playing for right about 5 years but i'd only say that about 3 1/2 actually count. Like most people I started when that moneymaker guy got ran over with the deck and espn decided to make him a star, much like they can do with anyone (damn tv poker, that shit will prolly come up a lot). I used to be one that often blew up at the table and let people know how bad they are why they should allow me to take to their money, since they obviously didn't want it b/c they continued to lose on a regular basis.



I first started playing $5 and $10 sng with anywhere from 10-20 friends and quickly realized that no one knew what the hell they were doing and that it was always the same couple of us that outlasted all my dumb friends. It was a revelation, well not exactly but i figured if my dumb friends wouldn't mind losing $20 or $30 every weekend when we played then i'm sure they're a ton of people out there that has more money to lose and quite possibly dumber too!



I ventured off to vegas the first time in May of '05 and pretty much got hooked there. Cut my teeth in no limit cash game action at the fast paced poker heaven known as the IMPERIAL PALACE! This shit hole was great, i bought in for $200 and people gave me money and I barely knew what i was doing (but of course i knew it all at the time!). After that trip i pretty much had the itch to play as often and as much as possible. The next step was "the rat's nest," a really classy joint that my friends and I made a nice chunk of change beating up bikers and other white trash as well as meeting some interesting people that are still friends today. The rat's nest used to run tourney's 4 days a week and Davey and I used to snap those off like it wasn't a challenge. Ruttley and Matt even won a couple i think (so u know how soft the action was!). That's pretty much when the addiction started and we were playing 8 days a week where ever we could get a game. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday were rat's nest; Tuesdays were becks in raceland, wednesday was belini's in thibodaux and saturday's were where ever we could get a home game. We pretty much tapped those places till Grandma Harrah's reopened Friday February 17, 2006.



Life was good...we had game every night with virtually no risk and Davey and I started taking the game really serious and learning a lot of shit to where we couldn't even sit down with friends and play for $10 (mainly b/c we were so fucking good) but truly b/c we wanted to get good enough to know that we could play with anyone. We started traveling to tunica and vegas and the coast once it reopened. The awesome government of Louisiana cut out bar room games so we did the next best thing and someone opened a card room in lil ole houma.



The card room in Houma was ridiculous, mainly b/c the people that played there just didn't like money..or if they did, they had a fucked up way of showing it. The room was nice but having a game everynight with the same people quickly started to drain these people that didn't have the money to lose like they were losing it. The club lasted for about 7 months I think.



After the club shut down I started playing less and less. It wasn't really a running bad thing, but more of a starting to get burned out type thing. It felt like it was a job and not something that I wanted to do for fun. Took some time off and enjoyed only playing occasionally. Even invested my money b/c I started to play that little. Started to get the itch to rebuild my bank roll and start playing again around Christmas '07. It hasn't gone as planned mainly due to not having the time and combined with a cold deck made it hard to get going. I've been battling along and trying to play through the down swing and waiting for some breaks to go my way. Until those start to happen you'll get to read a lot about how bad people play and how they play GREAT against me.



Hopefully this blog will be entertaining as well helpful to myself and whoever reads it. I know I mentioned a couple people in this entry, mainly Davey and even gave Rutt and Matt a shot. Whenever I don't have much to post about I'll prolly just reminisce and give some interesting player bios and some dumb stories/hands that helped make me the fine world class player I am. Keep it real homies.

2 comments:

Southpawrounder said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Those were great days. You are probably much closer to about 85% as arrogant as you sound, but that is ok b/c that is what makes you you. Keep it up and hopefully I'll get my roll dog back soon!

bubble boy said...

what the hell is this? not one bad beat story? come on dude, tell me a story about how some tagfish smoked you for a $400 pot in your little redneck bar room game. welcome to the world of blogging. The name is Bubbleboy Gomez. My friends call me Gomey