3.01.2009

Theory Proving Strong

Well after my last post on Tuesday I played a couple tournaments on Stars. Decided to lay low and not do anything on Mardi Gras except enjoy my day off, the nice weather, and play some tourneys. Woke up pretty early b/c the girl and her friends rode in the Krewe of Argus in Metairie and I went drop them off at the beginning of the route. Well once I got back I decided to see what PokerStars had to offer and signed up the $5 10k gtd. I continued to use the limited distraction game plan and put the iPod on and turned the tv down and had the parades on in the background. Well it started off pretty good and I was accumlating chips from the start. Made a flush on the first hand after flopping a pair and a heart draw...raising on the flop and hitting it on the turn to win a pretty good pot and then won the next two hands after that. Busted a guy w/ AK who rerasised me preflop and then decided to overplay the hell out of 66 on a King high board. Needless to say it was nice to get chips early and I was able dictate all action at my table for the first 3 hours of the tournament. I was moved tables and there was one guy who had the same amount as me and we had about double of any player at the table with around 25k or so. He was pretty weak and I had reraised him several times preflop and he folded everytime....I knew this could turn out to pay off HUGE for me.

Well after about 4.5 hours we were approaching the bubble around 270 players or so and I was in full mode to pick up some unwanted chips from bottom money feeders. It really blows my mind the ppl who tighten up so much in online mtt when the buy in like so little, but hey..maybe it makes these guys feel good about themselves. Anyhow, I'm not there to cash for $9 and be happy with those results. Well with about 285 players left I just get beat down. Get two pair counterfieted twice. Flop top pair and get a short stack all in and he hits his two pair on the turn and I go from twice the table avg. to right about even with everyone. Well the big stack who I was having a little fun with is now all alone at the table with biggest stack but I didn't let up. I raised a pot and he reraised (i guess he was making his stand) and I shipped it with AK and folded....I was really shocked by that fold and I was actually begging for a call. With a double up I could have still be able to take advantage of tight bubble play. Well the big stack finally got his revenge in the form PokerStars software. I open up a pot (which has been a trend for me..haha) and he repops me this time. Well I decide to just call and "let him make his stand".....well the flop comes jack high and I bet half my stack which is an overbet. He ships it and I call, congratulations you found my KK with your AA. UGH!!!!!!!!!.....He actually had the nerve to pop off in the chat box about setting me up!...give me an f'in break, people like this guy should be punched in the neck. I'm sure he's 'that guy' who wears his texas hold'em playa shirt and all. I actually asked him if he was serious and said "yea, i've been letting u reraise the whole time just to get all your chips at once"....give this guy a fucking helmet and some velcro shoes..de da de!

Anyway, I was happy that I played well....can't really do anything about other ppl's good luck. I then played 3 sngs and won two and finished 3rd in the other. Later that evening I played in the $2.20...2k gtd. Continued to use the iPod and started off the way I have been. I was able to play exactly how I wanted to and accumulated chips. I put myself in good situations and had southpawrounder sweating my $2 run. We were talking on IM and picking each other's brains about online play. He has more experience than me and quite a few cashes I'm definitely open to his opinions and advice about online mtt. Well he would occassionally tell me to slow down and make comments about how many hands I was playing but it was working and I have become fairly comfortable with that style. I ended up running pretty deep and had some sick swings with about 60 players left. Eventually I busted with AJ vs. AQ where there was no real escaping from that. I finished 44th for an astounding $8.49!!!!

I've been happy with my results in the last two weeks of online (which is pretty much when I actually made my first deposit). I know they're some things that I'm struggling to understand with online play and somethings that I have found easier to exploit online rather than live. I'm also moving up the pocketfives.com leader board in the Houma area. I've actually passed up Gene in the rankings who was sitting at number 10 for quite some time. Now I have Ruttley in my sites and look to do something about LT.Dan.
Till next time.
Keep It Real Homies.

1 comment:

Southpawrounder said...

I received an email that you and Gene will be asked to go in front of congress sometime next week. He is looking to get your stats excluded from pocket 5's having him placed back in front of you. His argument is that you do not belong on the Houma list since you reside in New Orleans. If asked I will be forced to serve as a character witness for him. REGISTER IN YOUR OWN TOWN AND LEAVE US ALONE!