5.10.2009

Do They Really Listen?

I must say I'm pretty pumped about the circuit right now. They had a huge turn out for the first event and some ppl I know ran deep...which always makes me a little more excited about going play for some reason. Some Houma guys did well in event one. Three top 20 finishes and one final table. Congrats to Jacob on his 9th place finish.

I was pretty pissed Friday. I was stuck at work and it seemed like EVERYONE I know was playing event #1. It definitely didn't help when I was traded texts with what seemed like 20 different ppl at the same time for updates while I was at work. I had a wedding party for one of my friends on Saturday afternoon so I knew playing Saturday was out of the question and I had some stuff to do Saturday morning in preparation for the party. Well the plan was to go ride by Harrah's when I got off of work if Davey had some chips and just go bull shit with him and take a look at the action. Well Davey busted before I got off of work and I came home to pack up and there was no way I was gonna head to Houma without going ride by Grandma's Harrah's house first. I get there it took 40 freaking minutes to park and I only went around the garage twice. After I parked it was great walking in there. Ran into a bunch of people I haven't' seen in a while and the poker room was packed. Had lists for every game and it almost looked like old times when the circuit would come to NOLA. The action seemed good but it's still not the same. There has definitely been a lack of big games at Harrah's over the last year or so. I think their might have been only two 5/10 games where it seems like there would be 5+ of those when the circuit used to come. Can't even remember when was the last time I saw a 10/25 game going. But nonetheless it was nice to see the room filled and lists with 20+ ppl on it.

I went walk around the tourney area and had my name on the list to play and after about 30 minutes of wait I got called and took my seat. Harrah's has all of a sudden seemed to slightly pull their head of their ass and lend a piece of it's ear to the players for the first time in maybe FOREVER! They did this a while back and stopped taking money out of your stack for the rake if you're not at the table. You get prorated if you leave on the push and come back. That's really cool, the Beau just takes it no matter what (but they're still the class of the Coast by all means). Harrah's has improved the structures and has everyone in a good mood about that. They also changed their buy in rules for the cash tables. On the 1/2 and 2/5 games it was capped or half the biggest stack. I've always felt if you're gonna cap a game then a person should be able to buy-in for at least the size of the biggest stack. Well low and behold they have changed this rule and now you can buy-in for the same as the big stack in the 1/2 and 2/5 games. Now if they change the straddle in the 1/2 to $5 instead of $4 that would be cool too. Well I sat in a game and it was a pretty good game with NO RISK at all. Had a couple interesting hands at the table. A guy in the 5 seat was pretty much a douche bag and he definitely slow rolled a guy and I gave him shit about that for pretty much the whole the time I was at the table. Board was 9 high and paired on the flop and it went checked. The turn was a back door club draw and he bet and got raised and called. The river was the 10 of clubs and he bet and a guy went all in behind for like $30 more and contemplated for a full minute. Now I thought he hit the river when he bet it considering he was playing scared but when he took that long to call that small raise when the pot had about $160 in it I was confused. Well he called and showed 10's full!! The other guy actually thought he won based on how long it took to get called and when he realized the guy took that long to call win a full house he was pretty pissed. I let a "WOW" and asked if was serious about taking that long? He said "I HAVE FOLDED FOR LESS IN BIGGER POTS, HE MIGHT HAVE HAD QUADS"....now this jerk off had over $600 in front of him and really took that long to call with the second nuts.

Well I had some fun him for a while and with the rest of the table for that matter. I made some hands but never won any big pots. Biggest pot of the night for me was when I flopped second pair on a 3 club board with 5,6 in a raised pot 3 handed. The flop went checked and the turn gave me opened ended. I thought I could take it down with a bet and was pretty sure if I got called on the turn that a river bet would take it down too if no club came...didn't think anyone was strong enough to call.....I put out $30 on the turn and it went call, call (oops). river card was my 5 and I made two pair with 3 clubs on board and four card straight. I was about 104384% sure I had the best hand but the key was to bet enough to get called here. I decided on $60 and the PFR folded and the kid who looked like he has never shaved contemplates with his $75 in front of him. I ask if he's gonna make me put the extra $15 in to pay him off and he says "yes" and turns over his q,10 for top pair. Sorry kid...no good but you can pick up a juice box on your way out...thanks for playing.

Well I called it a night at about 10pm and very very reluctantly left and headed to Houma. Saturday was a good day and got to hang out with some friends and gave the groom his gift from the groomsmen which was a pretty kick ass gift if you ask me. We got him a 42" LCD Samsung TV. He was pretty surprised and never expected to get that as his gift. After a long day of bar-b-q'in and hangin out in the sun I made it back to NOLA late Saturday night and wanted to rest before heading to Harrah's Sunday. Plan is to hang out and get some sun and enjoy the afternoon with CC and then go play the $300 at 5pm.

Watching Kill Bill right now and this is a bad ass movie. Much like all of Tarantino's movies. He actually has a war moving coming out in the fall named "Glorious Bastards" with Brad Pitt. It looks really cool. I really wish he would make a movie with Michael Madsen and John Travolta named the "vega brothers"...in Reservoir Dogs, Madsen's character is Vic Vega and Travolta is Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. Tarantino never said they were brothers but it's a pretty cool coincidence and would most likely be a kick ass movie. Well I'm going to chill and get ready to go play later. Good luck to anyone playing the noon event.
Till Next Time.
Keep It Real Homies.

No comments: