11.07.2009

A.D.D.

Not sure why I haven't written anything in a while, I think I have found other things to do on the Internet rather than typing, I attempted to write and even had like 3 drafts that I could never complete. I have been pretty busy lately although I have played some poker in the last couple months. I made it out to the Beau back in September and played one event and made it past the dinner break but took some really crappy beats (don't we all??). I had Eskimo Clark at my table in the tourney and he was well, pretty bad. I three bet him 4 times and he never played back at me and a couple other players picked up on this and did the same to him, but he would just chip up b/c other ppl would just give him chips when they would get it all in on a 8 high flop and they held 99 and Eskimo had AA or some shit like that. Stuff like that doesn't usually happen to me. On two occasions I got the tightest player on the table to put all their chips in for a HUGE pot with slim hands and get bailed out by the deck. I raise w/ KQ and flop a Q and bet it out and get raised all in for more than half my stack which was double avg. and I call and the guy has AK for nothing until the turn and an Ace hits...Raise with J9 and flop two pair and get the other super tight player to check raise me all in with his one pair and he makes trips on the turn. It was pretty brutal but typical with tournament poker, I think.

I have mixed in some cash games and played pretty well for the most part. Made some trips to Harrah's and the Beau. I'm not sure what it is but I finally feel like I'm back to the way I used to play by making the bets and raises whenever I feel as though I can move ppl off a hand or even value bet weak hands b/c I know exactly how weak the other guy is...poker is a lot more fun when you're seeing almost everything coming at you.

Played at the imperial palace this past weekend and the tournaments were pretty bad for me on the Halloween weekend with no momentum going at all. Busted in the 3rd level of a tourney when I raised with Kc9c and flopped the second nuts and of course the one really bad player at the table flopped the nuts. I prolly wouldn't fold the hand no matter who it was against but it was impossible against this guy.

Played some cash game at the IP and it was really nice. The poker room was great. No problems with the dealers, the chairs were comfortable, the game was better than average. And one thing that was REALLY nice was that I didn't have to pay time rake. It was a regular drop and it makes the game sooooooooo much better. In the time rake games you often lose players on the push and with this rake the games stayed full and ppl just kept saying "I should leave" but they would never actually leave till they busted of course. I just wish the IP would have better action on a regular basis but I was told they only have maybe 4-6 games going on normal weekend so that means I will have continue to pay rake for the better games, but oh well...not a whole lot can be done about that.

I did go back to the IP and play a $200 tourney on Wednesday and finished around 17 or 18. It was pretty frustrating (which I guess it always is unless of course I win). I actually played pretty much mistake free. I lost one really huge pot when the chip avg was 12k and I had 27k and I lost just over 17k on the hand when I got it AIPF with my AA vs. AJ and three clubs on the flop and one on the turn and his jack high flush was good. That was really tough to take. I maintained and although I told the guy with a straight face "well played." I built my stack back up and got moved to a table that was nuts. A guy sitting with about 80k when the avg was 20k and another guy get moved to my table who had about 55k. This was the typical that you find on the coast. Very proud of his SEC team with a hat, t-shirt, and card protector (oh yea, the mullet too)....LSU being this guy's team of choice. Well he shows off right away how he gathered this mountain of chips buy moving all in preflop after someone made a standard raise. And he showed his KK and stated what else but "how else ya gonna play 'em, that Ace always comes." Well about 20 minutes later he was the one praying for that ace to come. In a three way AIPF hand where the guy with 80k and our LSU fan find a way to get it all in after another player moves in with a half the avg stack. First guy had KK, the chip leader had QQ and the last guy to put his chips in the pot was our beloved LSU guy who had duh da duah....A,10!!! (and you know that shit was suited!..lol) Well that shit blew my mind and he did not hit an Ace and found a way to lose over 50k in chips on one hand without a pair.

Well my bust out hand came in a battle of the blinds when I look down at AA and it gets folded all the way to the small blind of course. To my surprise and delight he raises and I move all in and he has to call. He has AK and the dealer didn't slow play me at all putting two kings on the flop and that was it for me. It just sucks b/c I wasn't dealt any big hands all tourney and the two times I had aces I found a way to get as much money in the pot as possible and I lost. I never called a river a bet and lost and I never got called on the river and lost. I'd say that's something to be proud of most of the time. But it's tournament poker and ya gotta get lucky and this wasn't one of those times for me so I'll dwell for a bit and then be back the next chance I get to my dreams of winning a tournament crushed when I get a little unlucky. But until I stop having fun playing I will just keep trying I guess.

I did get to go to grandma Harrah's house this past Friday night with Davey and that was kinda fun. Guess I'll try to get back in the swing of the blog thing and write about that in a few days.
Till Next Time.
Keep It Real Homies.

1 comment:

Tiltin Texan said...

Man, u suck almost as bad as me..