11.19.2009

Almost Like Old Times

A couple weeks ago I was able to put in a pretty long session at Harrah's with Davey and for the most part it was pretty fun. Didn't get out there till pretty late and it took forever to park but I finally sat down around 10:00 in a really bad game but luckily it broke fairly early and I was moved to a game that much better. I didn't really do anything great but I was able to book a win which is always nice. Never really had any interesting hands except when I straddled and and had 4,6 and flopped open ended with 6 ppl in the hand. I bet it and hit it on the turn and broke the guy next to me who was pretty unlucky and flopped a set. Of course the guy at the other end of the table "knew" what I had, well he said it was either a straight or a flush.....no shit huh, not to much else beats a set.

I was fortunate enough to be dealt 12 pocket pair in one night and connect for ZERO flops. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough, at least that's what Davey told me. Never really had any big hands either. I got the pleasure of playing with a local by the name of Melvin. Melvin is prolly one of the funniest ppl I've played cards with and he's not trying to be funny. He constantly falls asleep at the table and just brutally honest with people. He's been known to tell people they should stay b/c they play so bad he's guaranteed to win. He'll also call complete strangers sweetheart and just create this very weird vibe for the tourist but we all know it's a joke. There was Russian kid at the table and when he asked where the kid was from and he said Russia, Melvin let us know that "Russians are fuckin crazy, you can't trust them at all....they're more nuts than China-men"...needless to say he's not very P.C.

The night ended pretty early in the morning around the 5am mark and it was pretty fun to get to play hang out with Davey and play some cards in a cash game....no tellin how long it had been, maybe since Vegas.

Last Thursday on whim I headed to Harrah's and put together a pretty good night for only about 4 hours of play. I wanted to play 2/5 and they had 3 games but one was shorthanded and I was not interested in that and the other two were pretty bad game. So I sat in a 1/2 game that was awful for the first 30 minutes and then it got really good. We didn't have a pot with less than $150 for about a 20 minute span. Right when the game was getting open I straddled and it got opened to $15 UTG and then it got raised to $30 (game was open and pretty weak, which is always nice). Guy calls the $30 and I look down at 4,4 and there's no way I'm folding to that weak ass reraise and I figure lucky number 13 on the pocket pair could be it for me. The original raiser just calls and there's a 4 in the window and I bet right out and called and raised. Get the guy to put all his chips in and the drought was over on pocket pair.

Never really did anything after that but I did pick off the same guys bluff 3 times and never had a hand better than 3rd pair when I called river bets. Guy wasn't too happy with my calls. I was also the target too, which was weird. I was racking up and when a guy sitting two to my left saw this he was pissed and said he's leaving if I'm leaving since I was taking so much money off the table. Kinda caught me off guard with that comment, I don't usually hear that. I asked him what he meant and said that since I'm the only one that had him covered he wanted to get in a hand with me so I could double him up. So I then unracked my chips and told him that sounds like plan, I'll give him 30 minutes to snap me. Unfortunately I was never able to get in a hand with him but it did make me wish it was a weekend b/c I would have prolly stayed as late as this guy wanted to play. It wasn't like he was even an above average player.

I did get to play with a little red headed chick who was drunk as hell and weighed about 95lbs. She was pounded Budweiser's and dropping f-bombs every other word. Definitely making fun of the guy who was wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket on the other end of the table. When she busted she got up from the table and said to me "fuck this game, these guys are bunch of bitches...I'm going play black jack" It was pretty funny and entertaining.

I had fun and look forward to playing soon again, not sure when. I know Harrah's is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll definitely be there for that and hoping to do some damage in the tourneys. Hopefully it gets a better turn out than the IP got, which I think it will.
Till Next Time.
Keep It Real Homies.

No comments: